Tuesday, November 9, 2010

November 9

November 9

Today I am thankful for music. I spent the school day today subbing for my HS Band director (i.e., also my current boss). Granted, today was an easy day (Advanced Musical Class and 7th graders who still love music) but it was so much fun. I felt so useful and needed, and it always helps for the kids to tell you that you were a good sub and they enjoyed class. Not only today, in a semi-teaching aspect, but I enjoy the time I get to spend with my high school drummers--both in Fulton and Ozark. Not to mention that had I not had music in my life, I never would have joined SAI. Even though it fell apart, and I had to walk away from Theta Rho, it gave me some of the greatest friends a girl could ask for, in addition to a pretty wonderful little in a different sorority. Part of me thought that the musical part of me would be over after the end of my sophomore year, but thankfully, it kept popping up until it's so ingrained in me that I would feel empty without teaching. So today, I am thankful it's in my life, and hope it never leaves...

No comments:

Post a Comment