Wednesday, November 10, 2010

November 10

November 10

It's a little early in the day to do todays, but I can already tell that today is going to be a 'thankful for my parent's day'. I left last Thursday to stay with Andrew before going to Springfield, and then have since stayed with Andrew since he's leaving today, and yet, I walk into my house this morning and they were both up and happy to see me. I know they're my parents and they're supposed to be like that, but (and I say this with all my love) they haven't always been the greatest. Yes, they've always supported my decisions, and made me make my own and gave me my own life, but sometimes as a kid you just want someone to take care of you. While my parents never neglected me, I often felt as if I was on my own. Now, it's a trait of mine I cherish, but growing up I hated it. I'm starting to see that it was good for me, and that they do indeed love me very much, but it's just in a different way than I always wanted...

I don't tend to get too sentimental about my parents and all the gushy stuff, and this post is very much the same. BUT, to express how much they love me and I love them, when I went to get my morning coffee I noticed my dad had bought my favorite, just for me, when he was at the store this weekend. If that isn't love... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment