Tuesday, November 16, 2010

FHS Staff

November 16

As I was saying bye to the vice-principals' secretary the vp came storming into her office. Usually at this point in our conversation, I try to shrink to the background and play invisible. It's not that I'm not supposed to be there or I'm in trouble, I just like to not distract people from work when I shouldn't be. But with Tracey, it's just so hard not to! :) Everyday, I stick my head in the office to say hello and wish her a good day, and some days I just get sucked in by her personality and have to have a full out conversation. Today, however, I was on my way out, well before school was over, and we weren't even discussing anything remotely close to work. Mr. H barges in, stands extremely still, and just looks back and forth between us. I can never tell if he's kidding or serious, so when he starts to speak, I just listen, not sure who he's talking to.
All kidding aside, he was seriously (or humorously) thanking me for all the work I do when I'm there. And let's be honest, all I do is lunch duty most of the time. But I felt very appreciative that he not only recognized that I'm willing to do something that most aren't, but thanked me in front of people. Add that to the pure friendly feeling I get everytime I step foot into their office, and it just makes a happy feeling. :) So today, I am thankful for the staff that makes me enjoy my part-time/temporary job that much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment