Monday, November 8, 2010

November 8

November 8
Today I am thankful I'm doing the Diane Challenge. Because, let me be honest, today wasn't the greatest day. Not that anything horrible happened, but in addition to having to tear myself away from Springfield (which was hard enough as it was) and running late, Einstein Bros didn't have the coffee I had been looking forward to (since I planned my trip). I then went to Starbucks where they didn't make my drink correctly (so the first half tasted horrible, and the second half tasted sugary horrible). I then was so tired that I missed my Lebanon exit (all three of them) and had to go the back back way, which put me in the direct path of a train crossing. Then, as I was getting closer to home (but running even more late by this point), I got a phone call to substitute for the band director (i.e., a piece of cake subbing), that I had to turn down because I was too far behind schedule to make it there by when they needed me.
Of course when I finally made it to JC to see my baybay, I was in a grumpy mood. And let's just add that being grumpy around your boyfriend you haven't seen in three days (a lifetime to us now) isn't the greatest...

BUT, with all of that shiv to deal with, I had to look for something good, because I refuse to not do the Diane Challenge. And just by looking at my day in a positive light, I am able to say that I am thankful for coffee, salmon (bagel and lox, YUM!), my car, my sisters, having a job, my boyfriend, and all in all, my life. And to sum all of that up, I am thankful for Diane and her challenge to her friends, and their challenge to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment