Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The Missouri-est of Days

It was either Sunday or Monday that I was hit with the biggest homesickness I'd felt in a long time. The move hadn't hit very hard until I sent A off to play golf with one of his new "friends" and I had no one to call and come watch bad tv with me while they were gone. 

As missing Missouri appeared to be a possible theme of this week, today was much needed. I had lunch with a former professor, where we just chatted about life, our recent moves, Indy politics and education, and what I wanted to do with my life. I got to FaceTime with my adorable niece (kisses and waves and all) and make plans with my brother. And to top it off, I'm currently listening to the breathing sounds of my friends little one I'm babysitting--which means I got to see (briefly) two of my friends from undergrad that I haven't seen in almost a year. 

With all this Missouri in my life today, it might make me have withdrawals tomorrow--but I'll let the weekend fix that!

No comments:

Post a Comment