Monday, January 13, 2014

Hoosier Love

When I moved here, I could count the people I knew in this state on two hands; those I knew well I only needed one. I had spent my whole life making friends with those I was in school with, worked with, or were in some sort of organization with. I had never had to "venture out" to make new friends outside of these social situations, and I was a little nervous.

Six months later, I feel the Hoosier love. We spent three of the last four nights out with coworkers, old friends, and a somewhat new set of friends, which might be more nights out than we spent in all of October. It's been wonderful to get out of the house and laugh with A's coworkers, catch up with an old friend of mine (after 3+ years), and get to know a sister better, all in our new town.

While none of these people would consider themselves "Hoosiers" (we're probably the closest), it's been great to feel as if we belong here and this is our new home. There's no better way to see a city, than through new eyes, and to fall in love with it more and more through those eyes...

No comments:

Post a Comment