Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Day 5 & Day 6-Diane Challenge

I'm combining yesterday and today, since there's too many things to be thankful for each day! I mean, that's usually the case, but in this case I have three I wanted to be thankful for in two days...

First, I'm extremely thankful for all of the men and women who have fought for this country, to ensure we stay free and sovereign. Many have sacrificed their lives, or at the least put their lives at home on hold in order to keep us safe. From the Revolutionary War until the latest conflicts and wars in the Middle East, I'm eternally grateful that there are individuals out there who work to keep me free and safe.

I am also extremely thankful for the 19th Amendment (and those who fought for it) which allows me to vote today to protect my rights and let me help shape the future of America. I can't imagine living before the 1920s and not being able to be the strong-headed stubborn person I am (with plenty of opinions). As a woman, I'm thankful for those who didn't give up on the women's suffrage movement, that have helped me to have the rights and freedoms I have now.

Lastly, I'm thankful for dancing penguins. Because really, who doesn't start smiling when they watch dancing and singing penguins? Watching Happy Feet 2 last night made me really excited for my niece to grow up so she can watch movies with me and be silly. I'm totally going to teach her how to walk like a penguin...once she masters walking like a human...


Back to a serious note, I encourage you to GO VOTE! You have been granted the right (mostly after fighting for it) and the privilege to make your voice heard, so speak up!



If you're still out there, what are you thankful for?


What is the Diane Challenge?
Read about it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment