Tuesday, October 18, 2011

What to say...

I've tried to make this blog a more up-beat, thankful-for-my-life space. And while it's not hard to do (I have been blessed to have so much to be thankful and grateful for), this one is a little venting. I don't necessarily need advice; I know how I will act, and what I think, but I just need to get a little of it out...

Mainly, because I'm at a loss for words. I'm in a situation where I know what the "best" action would be, but the main actor doesn't want to take that action. It's not life or death (hopefully, at least); it's a matter of dealing with a possible problem now, or waiting 6 months, or longer, to deal with it. I understand it's a scary situation, but even if I was scared to death, it's hard for me to think I wouldn't act. It's not my decision to make; it's not my life. They are aware of my opinions, and that I will support them in whatever they decide.

I believe they are trying to get me to say the magic words "don't do it" and I refuse to say them. I've tried humor to change the subject, sympathy to support their decision...but in these moments, when this actor comes to me and doesn't want to act, I'm at a loss of words.

No comments:

Post a Comment